Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated Kochi Metro on Saturday morning. After the inauguration, PM Modi became the first passenger of the Metro. Metro Man E Sreedharan was also present with him. Modi was accompanied by Union Minister Venkaiah Naidu, Governor of Kerala and Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the Kochi Metro from the Jawaharlal Nehru International Stadium. Modi will also address a public meeting after the inauguration. Let’s learn some special things related to it.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi becomes the first passenger of Kochi Metro
- The first phase of Kochi Metro will be 13.2 kilometers. It has to be expanded to 25 km.
- Construction work of Kochi Metro was started in 2013.
- The total cost of the project is estimated at Rs 5,180 crore.
- Within 13 kilometers of radius 11 stations and after expansion, there will be 22 stations within 25 km radius.
- It will take only 23 minutes to travel from the metro to Aluva and Palarivatom. This distance has been fixed in 45 minutes by road.
- Minimum fares in the Metro will be 15 rupees and maximum 30 rupees.
- This is the country’s first metro using Communication based train control technology. Its purpose is to increase the frequency and reduce the errors.
- The most important thing about Kochi Metro is that its stations will be based on a particular theme. These themes will be related to maritime history, Western Ghats and city history.
- After the commencement of Metro, regional connectivity is now expected to improve and there is a shortage of traffic congestion in Kochi.