Captain of Indian women cricket team Mithali Raj created history on Wednesday. Mithali Raj became the world’s first woman batsman to become the highest run scorer in ODIs after scoring 41 runs in the women’s World Cup against Australia. At the same time, he has left behind the record of 5992 runs by England batsman Charlotte Edwards. Edwards scored 5992 runs in 191 matches. Mitali did this feat in the 183th ODI.
ODI First 6000 run scorer
Not only that, Mithali Raj became the first woman batsmen to reach 6000 runs in ODI cricket. Mithali made this record in a match against Australia. In this match, Mithali played 69 runs with the help of four fours and a six.
Let’s take a look at Mittal Raj’s records
- Mithali had recorded the record of hitting half-century in seven consecutive ODIs during the Women’s World Cup 2017 tournament. Mithali had played 70 *, 64, 73 *, 51 *, 54 and 62 * in 6 consecutive matches played before this World Cup. After that, her 7th half century came in the first match of the World Cup against England. When she played 71 innings against England.
- Mithali Raj has so far scored 6028 runs in 183 ODIs at an average of 51.52. During this she scored 5 centuries and 49 fifties. Her highest score in ODIs is 114 not out.
- Mithali is among the world’s female cricketers, who average more than 50 in ODIs.
- Mithali has so far scored five hundreds in one-day cricket and she is not out in all these innings.
- In her very first international ODI, Mithali had made a century. In 1999, she scored an unbeaten 114 against Ireland. She is one of only five women cricketers to score a century in their first one-day.
- Mithali’s name is also the record of putting a hundred in ODIs at the youngest age. The record created by Mithali at 16 years and 205 days is still alive. Also, the record of making seven consecutive half-centuries in one-day cricket is to her name.
- Mittal Raj is joining the World Cup for the fourth time. Indian women cricket team reached the final in Mithali’s captaincy in 2005, where they had to face defeat with Australia.
- Mithali Raj has so far scored 663 runs in 10 Test matches at an average of 51. It includes one century and four half-centuries. Her highest score of 214 runs. It is also the record of the second highest individual score in Test cricket.
- In 2004, Mithali was the youngest captain of Indian women team at the age of 21. Since then, she has captained India in 100 matches. Which is the record for any women cricket captain in India.
- In 2006, under the captaincy of Mithali, India had defeated England in the Test series on the same ground.
Under the captaincy of Mithali, the Indian team won 3 Asia Cup between 2005 and 2008. Under Mithali’s captaincy, India has achieved the second position in the 2005 World Cup, being the best ever.
Wisden has named Mitali as one of the ‘5 best cricketers of all time’. Mithali, who has seen every golden moment in cricket, is now the only dream that is still incomplete and that is to give India the first world cup in women’s cricket.