BJP currently governs over 13 states of which 8 have chief ministers with RSS background and 5 have chief ministers with no RSS background. This means 60% of BJP governed states have a chief minister who was formerly a member of RSS. So, it’s not like all the BJP governed states have chief ministers with RSS background.
And even if they are being run by someone who previously was affiliated with RSS, does it really matter? What matters is how they run their respective states. If you follow current affairs, you will notice that most of the states that are performing well are either run by BJP or by state level parties like Telangana Rashtra Samithi.
Shivraj Singh Chauhan, Devendra Fadnavis, and Manohar Pariker are all from RSS.
Shankar Singh Vaghela former Gujrat CM and currently the leader of the opposition from congress is also an RSS member. So even congress has members of RSS as their leaders.
And it’s not like non-RSS members are treated badly in BJP.
This is the list of BJP leaders who are not members of RSS
- Arun Jaitley – Finance minister
- Suresh Prabhu – Railway minister
- Varun Gandhi
- Maneka Gandhi – Minister of Women and Child development
- Prakash Javdekar
- Anandiben Patel – Gujrat CM(former)
- Piyush Goyal – Power minister
- Shahnawaj Hussain
- Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi – Minister of Minority Affairs
- Vasundhara Raje – Rajasthan CM
- Subramaniyam Swamy
- Meenakshi Lekhi
- General VK Singh – MoS External Affairs, MoS for development of North Eastern region and MoS for Statistics and Programme implementation
- Sambit Patra – The Best Spokesperson in the World.