A politician, a poet, writer, great orator, intelligent personality…. All in one, PM Narendra Modi:
Here is a list of 25 things you (probably) did not know about India’s Prime Minister, Mr. Narendra Modi.
- Narendra Modi is India’s first prime minister born after the country’s independence.
- He is the first prime minister of India who has living mother.
- He is the second Indian prime minister (after Lal Bahadur Shastri) born in a below poverty line (BPL) family.
- Shinzo Abe is a highly nationalistic person and always tweets in Japanese. He tweeted in English for the first time on May 20th, 2014 in order to congratulate Narendra Modi.
- In his 13 year tenure as Gujarat Chief Minister he not even took a single day a leave.
- Shinzo Abe follows only three people on Twitter: one of his ministers, his wife and Narendra Modi.
- Those who believe in astrology may like to know that Modi’s moon sign is Scorpio, and sun sign is Virgo. His star constellation is Anuradha. He was born at 11 am on September 17, 1950. An astrologer who saw his kundli says his rahu antardasha, considered good for those in politics, “is on till September 2014”.
- Modi is a cleanliness maniac. He keeps his desk, his home and general surroundings spic and span.
- He can be dubbed one of the best copywriters in contemporary India. No Indian advertising agency is likely to match his ability to paraphrase ideas, launch new brands, re-launch people and events, write-rewrite copies to sell ideas or products as he does.
- He completed Masters Degree in Political Science from Gujarat University.
- His favorite food is bhakhri (crispy rotis) and khichdi made in Gujarati style.
- He fasts all nine days during Navratra every year .
- He has done a three month course in USA on Public Relations and Image Management .
Modi’s birthplace is Vadnagar(once the capital of Gujarat), an ancient town that’s almost 2,500 years old.
- Modi helped his father sell tea at the Vadnagar railway station, and later ran a tea stall with his brother near a bus terminus.
- Modi join RSS when was 8 years old.
- In 1988, Modi was elected organising secretary of the party’s Gujarat unit, marking his entrance into electoral politics.
- He keeps a comb handy in his pocket all the time.
- Prime Minister is a passionate writer, poet and a lover of culture.
- All of his clothes are of a single brand named as Jade Blue , a textile company located in Ahmedabad .
- When he became Gujrat Chief Minister first time , his mother said “Beta, kadi lanch na leis.” (Son, never take bribe.)
- Narendra Modi is a teetotaller. He doesn’t drink, doesn’t smoke. He is a complete vegetarian.
- He is the most popular Indian politician on Facebook and 8th most popular among all Indian celebrity on Twitter.
- Every morning he log in to his system and read everything written about him or anything that matters to him.
- Narendra Modi was in Himalaya for atleast 3 years.
- Modi stayed in Belur Math(Kolkata) and wanted to be Sanyasi.