There are many factors that led the BJP to select Yogi Adityanath as CM for Uttar Pradesh. The most important factor is his support base. Yogi Adityanath is a 5 time MP from Gorakhpur and has a huge sway over the nearby districts too. He has the ability to win elections on his own, something which Manoj Sinha or a K. P. Maurya does not have. It is difficult to survive in politics without having a powerful support base.
Here are 10 reasons why BJP choose Yogi Adityanath as the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh.
- The choice of Yogi Adityanath destroys all caste equations in UP. He is a Yogi, his appeal among Hindus transcends caste.
- With an eye towards the 2019 elections and a suitable face to carry the Ayodhya issue forward.
- Now BJP cannot afford to fail in UP. Two basic traits needed in UP CM incorruptible, doer what Yogi have.
- A natural progression of saffron agenda after the saffron surge.
- If you analyze the outcome of this move from a ‘Hindutva’ perspective you will find that it is social engineering at its best.
- Yogi Adityanath (Ajay Singh) is the 5th time MP from Gorakhpur. He hasn’t lost there since 1998.
- 44-year-old Yogi Adityanath will be one of the youngest CMs in India.
- Yogi like Modi renounced his family. He is a loner, incorruptible, and committed to the ideology.
- Yogi is today where Modi was in 2001. Hope UP gets the Governance that Modi gave Gujarat.
- Besides Vikas, Hindutva is going to be the plank in the run up to LS-2019. Expect the repeat of Hindu consolidation that we saw in UP-2017.
- Incorruptible image and personal integrity: There has never been any allegation of corruption or scandal involving women in his life.
So here is Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh – Yogi Adityanath.