the expression of one’s meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.
So here are some Ironies in INDIA :
1. Parents want their children to stand out in a crowd but expect them to do what everybody else is doing.
2. While we criticise Maria Sharapova for not knowing who Sachin Tendulkar is, we have been caught napping as we desperately Google our Nobel prize winner.
3. A huge country of 1635 languages, yet united by a foreign language.
4. You can piss in India, but not kiss in India.
5. We often say “Atithi Devo Bhavah” but we do not allow visitor parking in our residential societies.
6. Everything that is run by government looks very bad, except government jobs.
7. People kill their own girls in womb and seek out neighbor’s girls for ‘Kanya Puja’.
8. Seeing a policeman makes us nervous rather than feeling safe.
9. All three superstars are “Khans” i.e; Muslims in a Hindu Majority country , but still Aamir calls it Intolerant.
10. Reading this post but not sharing it !